Thursday 30 January 2014

OUGD503- JuiceIT Branding Research

Inspiration 


The image above gave me the idea to use similar colours for each product in the range. I had a look some fruits that have vibrant colours to see if I could incorporate them.






As the products are chargers I want to communicate this in the logo, something similar to the image below.



Primary Research

I went to the Apple shop to have a look at some of the packaging and logos for similar products. I really like the colours used and the client has suggested similar colours so I now have a good idea of what colours I want to use.



I found this billboard in Trinity shopping center and it  gave me the idea of using the segments of the inside of fruit in the logo.



Existing Logos

The client requested for a logo that has splashes of juice and dripping effects but I think a simple minimal design will much better suit the context and the product so I have been looking at some logos with similar ideas. 


I want to try and use negative space in my design like the logo above. I think it works to communicate a clinical professional logo.



I was thinking about what kind of typeface to use, I like the hand-drawn fonts but I don't want it look like a logo for a juice bar so Im thinking a sans-serif font might work best to reflect the product.



Flat Logos

I like the flat illustration used in this logo, I will be using vectors to create the logo so I want to create something like this.





Rendered Logos 


These logos look more rendered and software based. I think they look more like software logos rather than USB products. However I like the colours used.



Symbol Logos

I have been looking at logos that are image based as well as logos with type. I think I want to include both type and image in my design.







This logo has two meanings throughout the use of the power symbol and drip shape. I need to think of something like this for my design as the client mentioned they wanted the logo to communicate fruit juice and juice; as in putting juice in it/ fuel.



I like the logo above, I think a Simple flat logo would work best and stand out with the right colour choices.




Fruit/Splash Images


The client mentioned having juice dripping from the logo so I had a look at realistic looking images and illustrative. I think the realistic looking images could make the logo look to much like a juice brand like I mentioned before so I think I will need To stay away from this style.


The vector images below caught my eye, I am wanting to create something similar for the image part of the logo.



Packaging 

There could be a possibility of designing new packaging for the products if The client decides to use my design so I had a quick look at some existing packaging for similar products to see what kind of formats are used.  







No comments:

Post a Comment